6.27.2006

Here's how it happened

Yesterday at 1:30pm, the phone rang. It was Laurel Ludwick from AWAA calling to let us know we had been given a referral. This is Brandi on the phone with Laurel.

This is when we found out her name, birthday, height, weight, head and chest measurements. She tried to describe the picture, but we wanted the real thing. She told us they were sending a next day package with her pictures and other information.


I worked nights last night. So, I came home and went to sleep on the couch. I woke up once at 8am, then again at 9:30am. That's when I looked out the window and saw the FEDEX guy coming down the road.


He saw me waving and pulled into the driveway.

This is Glen. The best freakin' FEDEX driver in the universe!


This is me holding the package. Brandi made me promise not to open it. So, I had to jump in the shower, brush my teeth and run over to HPC so we could open the packet.


That's when we saw her for the first time. Jada Liu Xin Lambert. There is one other picture of her standing in her crib, holding the rail and looking right into the camera. But, Brandi wouldn't let me have that one.

Then we had to sign the acceptance letter. This needs to be in the hands of AWAA personnel by June 29, or our travel will be delayed.

Brandi signing the acceptance letter.


That's it. We mail off the letter and we should be getting travel plans in the next 2-3 weeks.

When I can get Brandi to let go of that other picture, I'll put it up. We are really numb right now. Brandi had some things to do at work so we only had a couple of minutes to enjoy the moment. Then I have to work nights again tonight. So, it may be a day or two until we can get together and really let it soak in. But, today was a good day.

Nice to meet you Jada, you are more beautiful than we imagined. We'll be there soon!

Love, Mom & Dad

3 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love ADOPTION!!!!!!!!!

Jada is so beautiful!!!!!

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - tears are streaming down my face and I know everyone at work is going to want to know what happened. She is beautiful and I am so very happy for the two of you. I had to call Mark in NY to let him know - he is just as excited. We cannot wait to meet her in person - seems like it will be no time.

Congratulations. God is so good!!!!

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys! We can't wait to meet Jada; she is so beautiful. Looks like we are next!
Jeff and Melissa Fluhr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter