6.15.2006

State of Mind

Brandi & I had a good talk today at lunch. One of her awesome co-workers at HPC gave us an encouraging scripture. Of course, I can't remember what it was at this moment, but it centered around standing in faith.

We talked about how hard it has been for us to speak in faith out loud. We've been ready to start a family for 6 years. We've gone through times of studying God's Word on faith and still He's said, "Not yet." That sort of deters you from continually saying, "We're getting pregnant this month in Jesus' Name." Then, not getting pregnant.

Where does that leave us? Do we not have enough faith? Is there something we are doing to not please God? Is there a list of things we need to do or say in order for God to answer our prayers? These are some of the things we've thought about along the way. I beleive God loves us way too much to treat us like that.

So, what do we do now? We simply wait on God. I told Brandi that I have faith that God will make it all worth it in the end. I don't have faith on specific occasions, I have faith that the end of this journey will result in both of us being more Christlike. He's in the changing heart business. Imagine how spoiled and useless children would be if we just gave them whatever and whenever they wanted it. What could they learn from that? I believe we have to go through these hard times to build faith, character, perseverance and hope.

I have learned that God is way smarter than me. I'm not smart enough to figure out when we're getting pregnant or why this adoption has been delayed 6 months longer than it usually takes. What I have faith in is that when it all comes together, I will once again wonder why I doubted Him. I know that when it is all said and done, the joy and peace that will result in this journey will far outweigh the hurts and disappointments.

Think about this. I'm not sure how this ties in to this post, but it ran across my mind this week. The Bible says that it is God's will that none should perish. So, is hell empty? No. As a believer who is Heaven bound, it's hard for me to justify complaining about things not going my way when Jesus came down to earth, suffered, died and was buried for our sins, to save ALL OF US from eternal separation from God and still some refuse His free gift of salvation.

So, we don't have it that bad, do we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter