8.28.2006

34 Hours!!

We are flying out of New Orleans in 34 hours! Brandi and I went run some last minute errands today and we'd just look at each other and smile, knowing this is some of the last days we have together by ourselves. We'd see moms pushing babies in the mall and just smile. Thinking how our baby would look in our stroller.

One problem we had that was solved today was money! The orphanage wants $4500.00 in clean crisp one hundred dollar bills, no creases, no smudges or marks. Well, we had ordered one hundred dollar bills from a bank and 70% of them was unusable.

So, I went to Regions Bank to make a deposit for Gateway International for Brandi and just asked them if they had clean, crisp Benjamins. Of course, they just recieved some new, clean, crisp $100 bills last Wednesday, unused in number order.

Also, Brandi has been wanting a pedicure before we left and while we were running around town, we stopped to get her a pedicure. Well, I wasn't just gonna sit around waiting for her, so I had them fill up the foot bucket for me too! It was pretty neat, they soaked my feet for a while in a chair that massaged my back while my feet soaked. Then, they pulled out a set of utensils that looked like it came from the movie SAW III! She started hacking away at my digits and I think I lost 5 lbs. during the process. It was cool, my feet really felt better.

I'm pretty sure the next post should be from somewhere other than Louisiana! We're just not sure when and where we'll have internet access. So, stay tuned!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter